Tuesday, February 25, 2014

No pressure

I realize I have not published anything here in a while. I could blame it on being busy, or any number of other things. The truth is that I often have lapses, and I am writing here for my fun and my own psychological well-being, so I can't be bound to a schedule. So, I'm unreliable - get over it. The other fact is that I have several drafts that are in various stages of finish, and I am not ready to publish them yet. This is good for the readers, since it means I won't be wasting their time with inferior crap. That is, if they are willing to be patient.

Another fact is that I have some stories written, maybe even complete, that I am not ready to publish yet. This could be because I am not not ready for them, or because I think that some others are not ready for them. Sometimes I write three or four posts at once, and I end up building complex dependencies where one cannot be published until another one is, and that one could be waiting on me to finish a discussion I am having with someone.

The nice thing is that I have absolute freedom here. Someday, maybe I will have a publisher, and that person will be calling me about deadlines, and whatnot. Today, that publisher is me, and I am a softie.

But to anyone who is actually interested in reading more, please be patient. I haven't forgotten about this, and I have something that will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment